As of January 3, 2012 the North Whitehall Township Board of Supervisors moved to a list of third party UCC inspection agencies. The procedure for obtaining UCC permits is as follows:
- When you are ready to apply for permits, all applications and plans come to the Township Office.
- The resident or contractor will choose who they wish to review and inspect their projects. We have a list of three (3) third party inspection agencies certified to perform plan reviews and inspections.
- The township application fee will be paid at the time of application to the Township Office.
- Plans will then be sent to the inspection agency you chose for review. When they are approved they will be delivered back to the Township Office where the permit will be issued.
- When the permit is ready, the applicant will be contacted with the permit fee. This fee is made payable to the inspection agency, NOT the Township Office.
- During construction, all inspections will be arranged directly with the agency. When the project is complete, the township will receive reports that all inspections were approved and any reinspections/consultation fees were settled. Agencies WILL NOT release final reports to the Township Office until any incurred fees are satisfied.
- The Certificate of Occupancy will be issued by the Township Office and will be mailed to the property owner unless we are notified otherwise.
There is a Permitting Handbook on the next page that will explain the process in much more detail.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact the Permit Department at the Township Office.